Six months later, I inherit my father’s car, but I don’t need it. Can I sell it now? And do you need to re-register yourself before this?

Efim, Perm

Image The reader’s question is answered by the head of the Main Directorate for Road Safety of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia, Lieutenant General of Police Mikhail Chernikov.
Related Materials Image The power of attorney for the car was declared invalid. What to do?

Until you enter into the right of inheritance, you are not entitled to dispose of property previously owned by your father. Thus, selling a car is not yet possible.

Moreover, in accordance with the Rules of state registration of motor vehicles and trailers for them in the traffic police of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia, approved by order of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia dated June 26, 2018 No. 399, when transferring ownership of a vehicle obtained by inheritance to third parties, its registration for the heirs not required.

  • I bought a car in Moscow, but I did not have time to issue an insurance policy. It is necessary to overtake it to another city, without a “citizen” it’s scary, but you have to go … For those who are in this situation, there are three ways out, and all of them are described in this publication.