ZR experts checked 20 gas stations. Winter diesel fuel … freezes!
Anyone can repeat the traditional Zarulev winter experiment: just put a vessel with fuel purchased at a gas station in the freezer, and after a few hours check if the liquid substance has turned into a solid.
Unfortunately, in recent years it has never been that all purchased samples turned out to be truly winter: some acquired the consistency of sour cream, or even became ice. Moreover, not one of the fuel sellers after the release of the magazine tried to run into us. Say, freezes - and so what?
The reason is simple: according to current standards, in winter, gas stations are not required to withdraw summer diesel fuel from trade! Even if the frost is such that sounds freeze around, as in the memoirs of Baron Munchausen. None of the documents contains a phrase that it is cold in winter in Russia and therefore the seasonality of fuels should be legalized. And many buyers drive up to the column with the inscription DT, without asking unnecessary questions and without requiring a quality passport, which indicates that summer is now sold for diesel or winter.
We acted like ordinary consumers who decided to refuel the car on a cold December day. The results of the express check, as usual, were tabulated.
Our advice to all “diesels” will not contain revelations. The main thing: refuel at branded gas stations - this will significantly reduce the likelihood that the fuel in the tank of your car will freeze. If it freezes, antigels will not help - this is a means of prevention, not treatment. Old-fashioned methods using blowtorches and other heaters are also unacceptable - modern fuel tanks are made, as a rule, of plastic. Save only the tug (tow truck) and a warm room.
And one more thing: today at many gas stations cash receipts are issued indicating that the fuel sold is summer. Save them after refueling! If problems arise, with documentary evidence it will be easier to recover compensation for refueling a car from a gas station.
If we compare the current raid with the past, the situation with diesel fuels has become not so much better - more honest. The seller expressly declares that he sells summer fuel, and does not remain silent about it.
Should I be afraid of diesel in winter? Test freeze
The main conclusions from our raid are as follows:
- There are no claims to 16 samples from twenty acquired. In other words, every fifth gas station has summer diesel fuel.
- The spread of prices is colossal - more than 29%! The most expensive diesel fuel was at Shell gas stations: more than fifty rubles per liter, and the cheapest at Parallel gas stations in the village of Mikishkino: less than 39 rubles.
- All major brands have reaffirmed their reliability. Refueling at little-known refueling stations - lottery.
- At BP gas stations, we refused to release fuel into a plastic canister. And at a nearby Rosneft gas station (BP and Rosneft are part of the same corporation) - please. Where is the logic?
- Not at all gas stations diesel pistols have a diameter different from gasoline - do not confuse!
- Most gas stations sell antigels; if they promise severe frost, it is better to play it safe and pour the product into the tank.