1. It is possible to connect various devices via USB, SD Card, and “audio-video” connectors. The car is equipped with a wireless Internet access point, which allows five users to be on the Web at the same time.
Emergency assistance function debuted on the B-MAX micro-van: when the airbag is deployed or the fuel supply is cut off, the machine itself transfers emergency coordinates to the emergency services using the on-board GPS module and mobile phone.
2. It is planned to install two gasoline engines from the Ecobust family on the model: 1.6 liters (180 hp and 233 N · m) and 2.0 liters (239 hp and 340 N · m).
There are also a couple of diesels of the same displacement. At the end of 2013, they promise a three-cylinder liter gasoline turbo engine that produces 125 hp. and 170 N · m, and in the “overbust” mode (gas to the floor) - 200 N · m. This unit will replace the previous atmospheric 1.6-liter engine, equal in strength, and will bring the Mondeo to a leading position in the class in terms of efficiency.
3. SYNC multimedia system MyFord Touch recognizes up to 10, 000 voice commands. You can control the climate, audio system and navigation without removing your hands from the steering wheel and without being distracted by the search for the desired button. The necessary information is displayed on an eight-inch color touch screen. In addition, the car and its passengers are protected from troubles by a lot of electronic assistants: adaptive cruise control, active parking assistance, MyKey's proprietary intelligent security system.
1. The road is illuminated by headlights with LED sources for dipped and main beam, as well as direction indicators. The adaptive lighting system regulates the light beam depending on the traffic situation and speed: with fast driving, the lights hit far, and with slow driving they provide a wide angle of the light field.
Compared with the previous generation, the new Mondeo has grown only in length - by 90 mm (4870 mm). The novelty is narrower than its predecessor by 40 mm (1870) and lower by 20 mm (1480). The base has remained unchanged - 2850 mm. Station wagon is 60 mm longer than the sedan.
The transmission has a six-speed automatic (perhaps a robot with two clutches will take its place) or a mechanic with the same number of steps. But the most interesting - Mondeo will again receive four-wheel drive.
The first European Ford with inflatable seat belts for rear passengers. Their fitting took place on a model for the American market - the all-terrain vehicle Explorer.
2. "Mondeo" - the first "Ford" of the European, received a hybrid installation.
The HEV (Hybrid Electric Vehicle) version is equipped with a 2-liter gasoline engine and a 35-kilowatt (48 hp) electric motor. The moment is transmitted to the wheels by a continuously variable transmission. A rechargeable lithium-ion battery lasts approximately 160 km. In Europe, the hybrid Mondeo will appear at the end of 2013.
Restyling benefited - the model not only refreshed, but also became more catchy and attractive. Although the main changes affected only the front: she received a radiator grille in the style of "Aston Martin", and with it a different bumper and headlights with LEDs. Now the exterior does not lag behind an interesting and even somewhat overly sophisticated interior. By the way, he was not touched, except that they varied the design options and expanded the set of electronic assistants. Here and multimedia system SYNC, and intelligent protection MyKey, and an automatic braking assistant. And all this will be offered to Russian customers. Other innovations include the Ecobust liter three-cylinder engine with several power options and the replacement of the machine with a robot.