- Mr. Pankov, you promised to start selling the new Mitsubishi Outlander in Russia six months earlier than in other countries of the world. In Moscow salons there is no this car, how much does the promise come true?
- Everything will be as planned. The new Mitsubishi Outlander will go on sale in late July, and in Western Europe, sales will start at the end of the year. That is, the gap will be almost six months. It is noteworthy that the plant in Japan is now focused only on deliveries to Russia. Later we will receive cars assembled in Kaluga, where the official opening of the full cycle is scheduled for July 4.
- What are the stages of the new Mitsubishi Outlander coming to the assembly line in Kaluga at present? Will cars assembled in Japan be sold first?
- There will be no large-site assembly of the new Mitsubishi Outlander in Russia. According to the large-node scheme, the current generation of the Outlander XL is going. The assembly of the new Mitsubishi Outlander will begin in full cycle mode.
- How many cars will be produced in Kaluga?
- Let me answer this way: we plan to sell about 30 thousand cars a year. Accordingly, all of them will be collected in Kaluga.
- But there is a concept of expediency of production. Now the optimum is a car factory with an annual capacity of 300, 000. Is it hard to believe that you did not think about this when designing a production?
- The plant in Kaluga belongs to three brands - Peugeot, Mitsubishi and Citroen. Therefore, the total volume of production in Kaluga will meet the criteria of expediency.
- At the exhibition in Geneva, you reported that the wishes of Russian customers to the new Mitsubishi Outlander dealt mainly with the interior. What else will Russian specifics prove to be on this car?
- First of all, let's decide. The new Mitsubishi Outlander is a global project. The car will be sold in all markets, including the United States and China. When I spoke about the interior, I meant that it was created based on the wishes of Russian customers. But this does not detract from all the other improvements that have affected the car. For example, during a test in Japan, attention was drawn to the fact that the handling of the car has become much better compared to its predecessor. I think this also matches the wishes of Russian customers. In addition, at the request of Russian customers, noise in the cabin was significantly reduced. This applies to noise from the engine and road, aerodynamic. The new Mitsubishi Outlander has an aerodynamic drag coefficient reduced by 7%, improved insulation of the engine compartment and the passenger compartment as a whole. There was a dual-zone climate control, electric tailgate, high-contrast color information display, xenon headlights with an extended lighting area. In relation to Russia, they added heated wiper rest areas. Following global trends, the environmental and economic characteristics of the engines have improved, but at the same time not to the detriment of the dynamics, since accelerating the car to 100 km / h has become faster, the maximum speed of the car has increased. As for the suspension and geometry of the lower body, this time we managed to adjust the angles of entry / exit, which allowed us to qualify for the Outlander category of an all-terrain vehicle. I note that the predecessor did not have such a category.
- What engines will be equipped with the new Mitsubishi Outlander in Russia?
- Currently, Mitsubishi has 2.0 engines; 2.4 and 3.0 liters. For the first time, we want to offer engines of 2.0 and 2.4 liters. Next year there will be a three-liter engine and a hybrid power plant with an increased power reserve. We will supply vehicles with both full and front-wheel drive. In 2013, we plan to start selling electric cars in Russia based on the new Mitsubishi Outlander, which will be the optimal solution for Russian customers. The electric Outlander will combine the benefits of all-wheel drive, electric traction and the legendary reliability of Mitsubishi. The power reserve of the car will be up to 800 km.
- Could it happen that the new Mitsubishi Outlander will become a donor, as was the case with Citroen and Peugeot cars, Mitsubishi partners in the Kaluga plant?