Last year, nine insurance companies were excluded from the ranks of the PCA; in 2012, the trend only intensifies. In the first four months, five insurers lost their licenses at once: Rosta, PCT, Regional Alliance, Inkasstrakh and Admiral. These companies have long gained notoriety due to refusals and delays in payments, but nevertheless, prior to the revocation of licenses, they managed to make good money on clients that were not distinguished by selectivity. The earnings scheme of a company on the verge of bankruptcy is simple: first of all, it seeks to attract customers with low rates, special offers, unique discounts. Further increases the remuneration for intermediaries for the sold policy. But in an insured event, it is almost impossible to obtain payment from such a company other than through a court. The Association for the Protection of the Rights of Auto Insurers, which is engaged in legal support for car owners deprived of insurers, has compiled its anti-rating of companies, in the direction of which the most lawsuits are directed. In this list are IC “Russia”, “First Insurance Company” and “Russian Insurance Transport Company”. Having got into an accident on a Chery S12 car back in early October last year, for more than six months Evgenia has been unable to get CASCO payments from Russia. At the end of November, the motorist received a calculation option with which she did not agree, and wrote an appeal asking for the appropriation of the remaining balances by the Rossiya insurance company. This appeal was considered in a short time, and on December 1 she was asked to transfer the car to the company parking lot. The transfer took place, an agreement on the transfer of ownership was signed on December 9, 2011, which states that the insurer undertakes to pay insurance indemnity in the amount of 261, 000 rubles. “For five months now, the business has been“in the accounting department”, they answer all questions about payment: pay, wait,” says Eugene.
The deputy director general of “Russia” Elena Felgenhauer explained the origin of the huge number of complaints by the fact that in 2011 the company carried out the transfer of the loss settlement complex to the new standards for centralized management of the business process. “Unfortunately, this rather complicated, but economically feasible innovation did not go smoothly,” says Elena. “In the first quarter of 2012, we completed this process, so now there should be no“failures”in the work of“Russia”in the settlement block.” Almost the same words proved to be true for the First Insurance Company. In the RSA we were told that the organization just conducts field audits of the activities of insurance organizations, the indicators of which reflect the negative dynamics. Including verification of three companies named by the Association for the Protection of the Rights of Auto Insurers. The PCA verdict will become known in the summer, but for now it’s worth considering caution when choosing an insurer.
Tips from PCA
1. Pay attention to the reliability category of the insurance company, market experience and customer reviews.
2. Buy a policy at the office of the insurance company, and not with it.
3. Distrust low prices, as insurance rates for compulsory motor liability insurance are established by the Government of the Russian Federation and should not differ from one company to another.
4. Enter into an agreement only today, in no case do not agree to execute it retroactively.
5. Check on the PCA website whether the insurance company is currently a member of the Auto Insurers Union and whether its license has been revoked.
Maxim Khanzhin, leader of the Association for the Protection of the Rights of Auto Insurers:
- Our courts always make an adequate decision on all claims against insurance companies. These decisions, as a rule, compensate for all costs. If tomorrow everyone begins to go to court, then insurance companies will still fulfill their obligations to customers. They will have to write down the conditions in more detail and adhere to them. It is economically feasible to refuse and underestimate damage when you know that for 20 failures only one or two people will go to court, in the regions the percentage is even lower. But when everyone goes to court, we will see how quickly the picture of the relationship of the insurance company to motorists changes.
Alexander Mikhaylyuk, vice president of 1SC LLC for legal issues:
- First, about the current financial condition of the First Insurance Company. I hasten to reassure readers - today it is very durable and stable. The premiums in 2011 amounted to 2.85 billion rubles, payments - 1.6 billion. The owners of the company set an ambitious goal - to bring 1SK into the market leaders. That is why in the fall of 2011, we began the process of centralizing the settlement of losses throughout the regional network - the Moscow region and 51 branches. We expected to debug the algorithm by the beginning of 2012, but the work was delayed for a number of reasons. There were inconsistencies leading to delays in payments. I emphasize once again: not to failures, but to delays. And when one payment is delayed, another, the third, “runs over” it, the whole process suffers. Therefore, the number of complaints has increased. But we are determined to complete the centralization of losses in the shortest possible time and to enter into the mainstream.
Sergey Nastin, editor: