What to do to a motorist, whose anti-theft unexpectedly refused - he is confused in determining the reasons, and there is no one to wait for help for a long time?
There is a reserve for this case. The developers have provided the ability to start the engine without reading the code key: you need to tell the controller a certain password. On the "Kalina" it is set by pressing the gas pedal. The algorithm is recorded in non-volatile memory of the controller. Of course, initially this password is not activated: if the ignition is turned on and the engine does not work, then the “Check engine” symbol is lit on the instrument panel without blinking. If the password is activated, then a minute after the ignition is turned on, the symbol will go out: enter, they say, the necessary numbers - and start.
The procedure for writing a password is similar to learning APS.
1. Having inserted the training key into the lock, turn the ignition on and off, then take it out: the APS indicator blinks for 6 seconds - during this time you need to have time …
2. … turn on the ignition with a working key. Three buzzer sounds, then two more - turn off the ignition and remove the key. 6 seconds indicator flashes again - you need to have time …
3. … turn on the ignition with a training key … Three signals, then two - turn off the ignition, but do not remove the key. Soon one signal will sound - and the indicator will flash more often.
4. Turn on the ignition - the “Check engine” symbol flashed. After about a minute it goes off - it's time to enter the password. It must be six digits long. The limits are 111111 and 999999. Choose to your taste. For this…
5. Press the gas pedal all the way. The “Check Engine” lamp will light. Hold no more than 3 s, release - the lamp goes out.
6. Enter the code numbers. Let's say the first is "3". To do this, we do the following three times: press the pedal - “Check the engine” is on, right there (hold it for no longer than 3 s!) Release the pedal, the lamp goes out - that’s how we entered the three triples. For the fourth time, depressing the pedal, hold it for about 5 seconds until the lamp itself goes out - now the first digit of the code (“3”) is written to the controller's memory. It's up to the other five numbers.
If the password is activated, and the immobilizer failed, we start the engine like this. We turn on the ignition with a working key - after about a minute the “Check engine” lamp goes out. Enter our password. If after the sixth digit, while the pedal is depressed, the lamp does not go out after 5 seconds, the password is entered correctly, the engine will start. Wrong - the lamp will blink. You will have to re-enter the password. If the motor accidentally stalls, the system gives you 5 seconds to start, otherwise you will have to re-enter the password.
In addition to the immobilizer function, the APS has a few more: control of turning on the rear fog lamps, a delay in turning off the power to the windows for 30 seconds after the ignition is turned off, information (intermittent beep) on the key forgotten in the ignition switch, or on the side lights (two signals when opening the driver’s door), finally - a delay in turning off the interior lighting.
How does the remote control work? Door locks open, at the discretion of the owner, in two stages. If you need only a driver’s license, press the keyfob button once. A second press opens the remaining doors. The latter can be locked from the inside by pressing the button located next to the windows buttons (photo 1).
Limit switches on the doors of Kalina are hidden in the locks (photo 2) - only electrical connectors give out their presence. A hood switch falls out of the row (photo 3). If the locks do not work when the keyfob button is pressed and its indicator does not light up, replace its battery (type CR2032). If the key fob is in order, and the system does not respond to its signals, then it is possible that the remote control codes resynchronized, for example, because the key fob button was pressed more than 1000 times outside the signal reception area. In this case, the system is re-trained. The remote control unit is located under the rear seat (photo 4).
As you can see, in some ways, "Kalina" came close to foreign cars. Its security system is convenient and, hopefully, will prove to be reliable. Of course, there are car owners who do not trust the APS because of its supposedly inevitable whims, and spend money on installing other anti-theft devices, believing that they are “cooler”. It should be noted that no one has yet created systems that are completely reliable, free from possible defects (moreover, price and reliability are not connected in any way). Almost most failures of the anti-theft systems installed in services or by garage masters, on the conscience of those who lay wires, connect, isolate, etc. - and all through the sleeves … The standard system, delivered at the factory, is also not immune from flaws, but still the possibility of hack-work is less.
We add: no one has yet invented electronic, mechanical, any other means of protection, one hundred percent guarantee the impossibility of hacking. These are the costs of living in an enlightened age, when the level of training for Fort Knox crackers is not below the qualifications of the watchmen.
PASSWORD RECORD (Crib)
1. About key on - off ignition., remove: indicator APS flashes for 6 s - catch up:
2. R. key incl. ignition.: 3 signals - 2 signals - off ignition., remove indicator. APS flashes for 6 s - catch up:
3. About key on ignition.: 3 signals - 2 signals, off - do not remove the key! - 1 signal + frequent blinking ind. APS.
4. Switch on the ignition: “pr. dv.”burns - then goes out.